Houston Ballet Academy seeks an Academy Registrar. The Registrar is responsible for all aspects of the student enrollment process. Responsibilities include collection of student tuition, financial reporting, record/data management, and customer service relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned;
- Facilitate year round auditions including pre-registration and execution of audition event
- Data entry and dissemination of results for both year round and Summer Intensive auditions
Registration and Enrollment:
- Establish strong customer service relations with families and students
- Coordinate current student placement and registration
- Update tuition prices and fees established with Director. Post all fees in EE.
- Update website with pertinent Academy information
- Create registration and application forms; post on website
- Compile and update registration applications.
- Maintain enrollment goals and monitor enrollment numbers
- Distribute information to parents and post updates on HBA website
Tuition Collections and Finance:
- Monitor and maintain parent and student records in Education Edge and Blackbaud Merchant Services for online payments
- Provide information to students and parents regarding financial questions, tuition payments, and registration requests
- Provide detailed tuition and fee reports
- Responsible for the collection of tuition payments and collection of payments on delinquent accounts
- Process refunds as necessary
- Interface with Finance Department as needed
- Coordinate and collect monthly rent payments for year round and summer housing (CFD)
- Oversee tracking of attendance and tracking of student retention
- Maintain year-round and summer student’s records in accordance with respective laws and
- Houston Ballet policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four year college or university
- Two to five years of management experience
- Two to five years of related registrar or accounting experience
- Knowledge of dance preferred
- Financial experience including billing and reconciliation of accounts
- Data base knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of Tessitura or other data based development software