Spring 2018 Curatorial Internship
• Reports to: Curator
• Dates: Spring Semester, Dates TBD
• Compensation: Non-paid / College credit
• Classification: Part Time
Houston Center for Contemporary Craft (HCCC) is looking for an intern to assist the curatorial staff with the day-to-day activities of arts administration associated with running an exhibition space. Preference is given to individuals currently enrolled in a studio art or art history degree program, or to a recent graduate from one of the aforementioned degree programs.
Requirements and Duties:
• Positive and optimistic attitude
• Reliable personal transportation
• Ability to dedicate 10 to 15 hours per week and to commit to a set schedule. This includes the ability to work a flexible schedule, as well as attending HCCC functions such as evening exhibition openings.
• Ability to have an open conversation with visitors about the exhibitions
• Ability to work with artists, residence artists, and other staff members
• Keep a record of visitor information in an organized fashion according to HCCC protocol
• Work alongside the curatorial staff during installation and de-installation periods
• Help with hands-on projects around the building to help the facility be as presentable as possible
• Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Word
Maintaining and running an exhibitions space requires a variety of physical activities. It is highly desirable for applicants to be able to lift and carry 50 pounds or more.
How to Apply:
Go to http://crafthouston.formstack.com/forms/internship_curatorial-v3. Please complete the form and upload a cover letter, including current resume and references. HCCC is looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
© 2017 - Houston Arts Alliance. All Rights Reserved.