Brilliant Lecture Series seeks an Operation Manager for their team.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the organization’s HR, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the ED, coordinating with high profile talent, has significant experience in technical production, and other miscellaneous tasks.
Reporting to the ED and serving as a member of the Management Team along with the ED, Marketing Director and Development Director, this position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s financial functions.
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices. This position will also interact with the Board of Directors.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process, and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Management of agency budget in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Development of individual program budgets
- Invoicing to funding sources, including calculation of completed units of service.
- Payroll management, including tabulation of accrued employee benefits.
- Disbursement of checks for agency expenses.
- Organization of fiscal documents.
- Regular meetings with Executive Director around fiscal planning.
- Coordinate technical matters with talent, venues, and production (concerts and performances).
Responsibilities by Function:
- Assisting Executive Director and Board in creating annual organizational budget and monitoring cash flow.
- Direct and manage annual budgeting and planning process for the organization’s annual budget with ED
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization’s financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals. Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting.
- Managing grantor contracts and reimbursement requests.
- Maintaining archival and administrative files.
- Administering payroll and employee benefits and organizational insurance.
- Ensure that Accounting Department requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
- Develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
- Develop, maintain and monitor all fundraising and accounting systems and procedures capturing all pledges, billings and receipts and for the recording of all revenue transactions, recommend and implement improvements to systems.
- Prepare annual audit and be a liaison with all outside vendor.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Providing consulting services on matters related to fundraising, tax and insurance questions, and business structure and growth.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues e.g. copyright, antitrust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc.
- Oversee organizational insurance policies.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Management
- Strong background and work experience in Finance
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced, community environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and +Collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
Candidates must also be willing to work in a flexible manner with occasional evenings and weekends where it is necessary to complete a project.
The starting rate for this position is based upon candidate qualifications.
Resumes should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.