Job Title: Production Assistant
Reports To: Associate Production Manager
Classification: Part Time- Hourly
Production Assistant works directly with Houston Ballet Production team in serving the needs of the Houston Ballet Academy and Houston Ballet at the Houston Ballet Center for Dance and at other venues in Houston as needed. Sates of Employment are June 2018- August 2019.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned;
- Assist Houston Ballet Academy staff with production related requests
- Run Houston Ballet Academy performances at the Houston Ballet Center for Dance and in other venues as needed
- Create all production related paperwork for Academy productions.
- Assist with maintenance of rehearsal studios, especially those studios used primarily by the Academy.
- Work as the PA to the Production Department as needed
- Complete audio / video requests as needed, such as copying CDs and DVDs
- Assist in archiving Houston Ballet related production files
- Primary technician for events held in the Margaret Alkek Williams Dance Lab
- Maintain the theatrical lighting and sound equipment in the Margaret Alkek Williams Dance Lab
- Assist managing Production Interns as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Production Manager
- Bachelor of Arts in Theater with an emphasis in Stage Management
- Basic computer competency including the use of MS Office, Windows, and Mac
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and understand ground plans and other technical paperwork
- Experience working with ETC lighting consoles
- Experience working with digital sound consoles
- Experience working with Qlab
- Experience working with Dance
- Ability to read music
- Ability to call cues
- Organization/Planning – Develops clearly defined, realistic, measurable objectives that are consistent with the company’s objectives. Organizes personal workload and sets priorities; Uses time efficiently. Meets deadlines consistently.
- Job Knowledge– Possesses the skills, knowledge and expertise required to perform the essential aspects of the job as well as any other specific educational and/or certification requirements
- Communication – Communicates effectively in wring and verbally; expresses complex ideas in simple terms. Clearly and concisely expresses in individual or group situations. Comprehends and processes information and responds to communication form others. Communicates, empathizes, uses diplomacy, influences, and gains cooperation. Interacts effectively across functions and levels of the company.
- Flexibility/Adaptability – Admits and corrects mistakes; ensures the integrity of work. Accepts constructive criticism or responsibility for outcomes. Effectively responds to change. Adjusts to and accepts changes in direction and priorities. Sees changes in the business or work environment, understands implications and adjusts priorities as needed on short notice.
- Client-Peer Orientation –Builds partnerships, networks and coalitions with peers and others. Probes to discover peer underlying needs and matches available or customized services and resources to that need.
- Bending legs downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily technical nature.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Part Time- Regular Hours 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM Monday to Friday with availability to work nights and weekends as necessary. Up to 29.00 hours a week