Date Posted: 05/02/12
Organization: Society for the Performing Arts
Position: Operations Intern
Status: Non-exempt, Part Time
Principle Functions: Assist the Director of Operations for Society for the Performing Arts in administering artist and hall rental contracts, strategically planning for technical/ production needs for 2012/13, scheduling events and programs, communicating with facilities in and outside the Theater District, and archiving past legal and/or historic documents. Must be an excellent communicator, skilled in listening and interpreting information accurately and must have excellent organizational and administrative skills. Must have the ability to multi-task and handle various priorities at the same time in a team-oriented environment. Must have knowledge of theater production. Advanced administration skills a plus.
- Assist Operations Director in strategic planning for upcoming events and productions while operating within department’s budget
- Assist with administering artist contracts and riders
- Create institutional calendar of upcoming events for all departments
- Assist Operations Director with scheduling and contracting venue(s)
- Work with Technical Director and part-time staff of union theatrical employees from Local 51 and Local 896
- Assist with arranging specific theatrical lighting and sound needs via local and national vendors
- Assist with procuring artists’ needs specific to catering, hotel, and transportation
- Obtain all permits as it relates to venues and parking
- Assist with placing and tracking all artist requests for the organization and overseeing logistics for any artist-related events
Expectations for this position:
Production knowledge is required for this position. High energy and enthusiasm along with a willingness to take on new tasks is essential. Candidates should have a high degree of organization and attention to detail. Candidate should remain composed under pressure. Candidate must be able to lift 40 pounds and must have reliable transportation.
Reports to Director of Operations.
Disclaimer: Artshound.com assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or outcome of any classified listing. Please do not contact Artshound.com regarding any of the classified listings above.