Date Posted: 05/25/12
Organization: Dominic Walsh Dance Theater (DWDT)
Dominic Walsh Dance Theater seeks a self-starting professional to join the team as a full-time Development Manager. In coordination with the Artistic Director, Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and several committees, the Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and secure corporate, individual, and foundation funders.
- Research, identify, cultivate, and solicit corporate, individual, and foundation funders.
- Cultivate existing donor relationships.
- Maintain donor database and email distribution list.
- Maintain donor records and issue appropriate donor correspondence (acknowledgement letters, invitations to special events).
- Maintain grant application/report schedule and assist with preparation of grant materials including writing and editing.
- Help plan, execute, and evaluate all special events including an annual gala.
- Create “e-blasts” to keep stakeholders apprised of news.
- Update the website and social media outlets as necessary.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment.
- Work to enhance Dominic Walsh Dance Theater’s visibility and public presence.
- Clerical duties/errands as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue goals and meeting budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new and existing donor relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- Exceptional written communication, research, and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills and experience in MS Word, Excel and fundraising software as well as database management experience.
- The ability to work independently/as a self-starter, as well as a team member.
- A strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills.
- Creativity and flexibility to adjust to new situations.
- Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for fundraising, the arts, and Dominic Walsh Dance.
Please send resumes to:
Leigh McBurnett, Executive Director
Dominic Walsh Dance Theater
2311 Dunlavy Street, Suite 210
Houston, Texas 77006
Disclaimer: Artshound.com assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or outcome of any classified listing. Please do not contact Artshound.com regarding any of the classified listings above.