Date Posted: 06/21/12
Organization: Project Row Houses
PRH is seeking to hire a Grants Manager who will focus on identifying and applying for new corporate, foundation and government funding opportunities, as well as managing existing foundation, corporate and government grants. This individual will work closely with the Individual Giving Manager and Executive Director on researching and cultivating major individual donors. He/she will report to the Executive Director.
PRH is a neighborhood-based nonprofit art and cultural organization in Houston’s Northern Third Ward, one of the city’s oldest African-American communities. With a mission to transform community through the celebration of art and African American history and culture, PRH has established programs that encompass arts and culture, neighborhood revitalization, low-income housing, education, historic preservation, and community service. For further information, visit www.projectrowhouses.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify new sources of support in the foundation, corporate and government communities
- Responsible for grant requirements, including maintenance of schedules for deadlines and timely submission of required reports.
- Establish communication and working relationships with existing funding agencies
- Insure the accuracy of donor records for recognition and publication listings
- Incorporate Executive Director into research and solicitation of major donors
- Work in tandem with the Individual Giving Manager and Executive Director on a Development Plan, Annual Giving and Special Events
- Assist and support other Development and Marketing staff, as required
- Attend PRH events and perform other related duties, as assigned
Education/Experience: B.A. degree from an accredited university, in marketing, communications or a related field.Minimum of two years of development and fundraising experience, preferably with arts or social service non-profit organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with the full spectrum of donors.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups.
- The ability to work independently/as a self-starter, as well as a team member.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of donor management programs and all social media applications
Reasoning Ability: Should possess good analytical skills, including the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT):
- This is a full-time (40 hours), salaried position, with benefits
- Most duties will be performed in a relaxed office environment
- Some weekend work should be expected
Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s background and experience. The position will remain posted until it is filled.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org (please DO NOT call). Additionally, be sure to explain your interest in working at Project Row Houses.
Project Row Houses (PRH) is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all programs and services, and does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion and/or sex (including marital status and/or sexual orientation) national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Artshound.com assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or outcome of any classified listing. Please do not contact Artshound.com regarding any of the classified listings above.