Individual Giving Manager
Date Posted: 06/21/12
Organization: Project Row Houses
Project Row Houses (PRH) is seeking to hire an Individual Giving Manager who will focus on new and small donors, working in conjunction with the Fund Development Manager. The individual will be responsible for growing the small donor base, through some or all of the following methods: on-line giving, social media fundraising, membership opportunities and special events. He/she will report to the Executive Director.
PRH is a neighborhood-based nonprofit art and cultural organization in Houston’s Northern Third Ward, one of the city’s oldest African-American communities. With a mission to transform community through the celebration of art and African American history and culture, PRH has established programs that encompass arts and culture, neighborhood revitalization, low-income housing, education, historic preservation, and community service. For further information, visit www.projectrowhouses.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify current small individual donors to PRH
- Develop cultivation and recruitment strategies for existing and new donors, including special events
- Activate on-line and web-based giving
- Research and develop a viable membership program for PRH
- Insure the accuracy of donor records for recognition and publication listings
- Maintain donor prospect records and information; prepare necessary reports and mailing lists as required
- Work in tandem with Grants Manager and Executive Director on a Development Plan, Annual Giving, and Special Events
- Assist and support of the Development staff as required
- Attend PRH events and perform other related duties, as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Experience: B.A. degree from an accredited university, in writing, communications or a related field.Minimum of two years of development and fundraising experience, preferably with arts or social service non-profit organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with the full spectrum of donors.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups.
- The ability to work independently/as a self-starter, as well as a team member.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of donor management programs and all social media applications
Reasoning Ability: Should possess good analytical skills, including the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL, HOURS, ENVIRONMENT):
- This is a full-time (40 hours), salaried position, with benefits
- Most duties will be performed in a relaxed office environment
- Some weekend work should be expected
Salary will be commensurate with the applicant’s background and experience. The position will remain posted until it is filled.
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that clearly describes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org (please DO NOT call). Additionally, be sure to explain your interest in working at Project Row Houses.
Project Row Houses (PRH) is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all programs and services, and does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion and/or sex (including marital status and/or sexual orientation) national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Artshound.com assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or outcome of any classified listing. Please do not contact Artshound.com regarding any of the classified listings above.
Newsletter - 60 second sign upEnter your email address: