Date Posted: 07/24/12
Organization: Houston Grand Opera
SUMMARY: The Rehearsal Administrator oversees scheduling and facilitates communication for all production-related rehearsals, performances, and company events, with primary responsibilities including the creation and management of current and out-year production calendars; the management and contracting of rehearsal and performance venues; and the hiring and supervision of all supers, child wranglers, light walkers, and other non-singing specialty performers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Manages the Rehearsal Department: supervises the Rehearsal Coordinator’s daily routine; oversees the creation, maintenance, and dissemination of HGO production calendars and schedules (including weeklies, dailies, orchestra, chorus, childrens’ chorus, super, and dancer calendars).
- • With the Director of Production, develops, maintains, and disseminates out-year production calendars and Critical Factors for planning and budgeting purposes.
- • Manages the casting and contract administration of supernumeraries, child wranglers, light walkers, and specialty performers.
- • Serves as liaison with Stage Directors prior to production periods regarding their rehearsal needs and parameters and to plan and create show-specific rehearsal schedules.
- • Advises on artist release requests (HGO Studio and mainstage) based on production needs.
- • Negotiates with local arts organizations and Wortham staff for HGO’s time in the Brown and Cullen theaters.
- • Oversees the coordination of and contracting for HGO’s use of additional spaces within the Wortham Theater Center facilities.
- • Serves as liaison with other HGO departments in terms of their production-related scheduling needs: manages space allocation, advises on artist availability, coordinates technical requirements (e.g. – Education Department/Opera Night Live, Development Department/Patron Dinners, Public Relations/Artist Interviews).
- • Prepares the daily production schedule two days per week and as needed on an emergency basis.
- • Other duties as assigned by the Director of Production.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor of Arts degree and 2-4 years’ experience in production administration or production stage management in a professional arts organization. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Availability for evening and weekend work.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
Highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills and a proven ability to work independently. Able to be a calming, rational presence with a wide range of artistic personalities. Ability to quickly analyze problems and present creative solutions. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please direct inquires and forward a cover letter, resume and references by August 20, 2012 to: Human Resources, Houston Grand Opera, 510 Preston Street, Houston, TX 77002. Fax (713) 225-2574 Email: email@example.com.
RESUMES ACCEPTED THROUGH AUGUST 20, 2012.
Disclaimer: Artshound.com assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or outcome of any classified listing. Please do not contact Artshound.com regarding any of the classified listings above.