Astronomy Day 2013
October 12, 2013
Make plans to attend Astronomy Day at the Houston Museum of Natural Science’s George Observatory in Brazos Bend State Park.
This annual October event is free with state park admission, open to the public and includes activities for all ages. Festivities begin in the afternoon, but this event really comes to life after dark when the stars begin to shine.
Astronomy Day 2013 is October 12, 2013! 3:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Dozens of telescopes—including our large research telescopes—will be available to give everyone a chance to enjoy the delights of the night sky, including star clusters, planets and galaxies.
- Take a simulated space mission in the Challenger Center
- View sunspots in the daytime with filtered telescopes
- Explore the numerous indoor displays
- Meet local astronomy clubs
- Learn how to purchase and use telescopes
- Hear astronomy presentations
- Participate in children’s crafts
- Take a guided tour of the constellations from the Observatory deck
This family event is sponsored by a dozen local astronomy clubs and NASA organizations.
Find more information at www.astronomyday.net.
Entrance into the park is not permitted after 9:30 p.m.