Living Word Church of the Nazarene (LWN) was founded in 1959 under the name Spring Branch Church of the Nazarene. The first building used for services was Valley Oaks Elementary School on Westview Drive. It wasn’t long before the small group of believers began to dream of purchasing land and building their own church. Groundbreaking occurred on August 16, 1959, to build a church on a lot of land on Westview.
Landlocked on the property on Westview, the church began to look to new property that
© 2017 - Houston Arts Alliance. All Rights Reserved.