In 1949 a group of forty dedicated people saw the need for a new Episcopal mission in the fast growing area west of Houston. In August of that same year, the first Eucharist was held under the trees near the present site with a borrowed cross and a log for a kneeling rail.The congregation was named St. Francis and The Rev. Richard Wheatcroft was called to be the first Vicar of the Mission
© 2018 - Houston Arts Alliance. All Rights Reserved.