Submit An Event
Thanks for preparing to submit your event to ArtsHound.com!
Please read our submission guidelines:
- Location: Events must take place in the Houston Region. Unfortunately, we cannot list events for other locations at this time.
- Lead Time: We request that events be submitted at least two to four weeks prior to the event's start date. If we receive your event info less than two weeks in advance, we will try but cannot guarantee that your event will be posted.
- Public Events: All events must be open to the public. Invitation/member-only events will not be accepted.
- Events Images: In order for your event to be considered for featuring, we must have a professional-quality promotional image to display with your listing. Images must be in .JPG format ONLY and no larger than 1 megabyte. Depending on the size of your image and connection speed to the Internet, the upload process may take up to several minutes - please be patient. Once received, your image will be formatted for display. (Please note that vertically-oriented images work best for our template).
- Video: Our event submission form accepts video "embed" code and links as provided by websites like YouTube.com. A video added to this form will appear on both the event detail page, as well as on our website's Video Central page.
- We reserve the right to edit graphic images and submissions for grammar, style, and accuracy.
- Click here for a detailed posting-on-artshound 'cheat sheet.'
- Selection of Featured Events: First consideration for featuring events (and this applies to the artshound newsletter as well) goes to Houston Arts Alliance grantees. After that, if there is room left, it is a combination of subjective selection of interesting events, accomodation of special requests (where possible), and trying to reward folks who post their events in a timely fashion.
- If you have questions, please email email@example.com.