Spring 2018 Education Internship
• Reports to: Education Director
• Dates: Spring Semester, Dates TBD
• Compensation: Non-paid / College credit
• Classification: Part Time
• Prepare materials, samples, and material price lists for Hands-on Houston and other education programs.
• Develop and plan upcoming potential projects that align with exhibitions, including sample projects, materials list, potential material price list or donation possibilities.
• Clearly outline the possible steps for each project, how long it will take, how many volunteers might be needed, and potential set-up for the activity.
• Make sure projects encourage participant to be creative and practice problem-solving; projects should include several artistic solutions.
• Organize and maintain an inventory of the education supplies cabinet.
• Interact with and teach the general public during Hands-on Houston craft activities and other educational programs.
• Maintain the education statistics spreadsheet.
• General office and administrative tasks in support of the Education Director and Education and Programs Manager.
• Work with the Education and Programs Manager to develop a list of potential workshops for HCCC that would encourage artistic problem solving.
• Assist the general public with questions regarding the Center and programming.
• Other duties as assigned by the Education Director and Education and Programs Manager.
• Punctual and Responsible
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Current student or recent college graduate in the field of education, arts/administration, or related field
• Knowledge of Microsoft products
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekend programs
• Ability to learn/or knowledge about contemporary craft
• Ability to work with children
How to Apply:
Go to http://crafthouston.formstack.com/forms/internship_education-v3. Please complete the form and upload a cover letter, including current resume and references. HCCC is looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
© 2018 - Houston Arts Alliance. All Rights Reserved.